Monday, May 4, 2009

Today






What a day! Theo has a double ear infection thang and Phoenix has a cold. I was working on getting the children out of the house to arrive for Phoenix's 4 month check up in the am. Theo was so not himself today- too many meltdowns, poor kid. I felt guilty at one point b/c Phoenix woke up from his long nap (after receiving some big shots) and i wanted to give him some extra attention while at the same time, little Theo was screaming upstairs refusing his regular (glorious) nap. It would have been a great time to astral travel and tend to both boys. anyway! we all got through the day with lots of hugs and breaths. Theo likes to take big breaths with me:)


Matt came home from an 11hr day at his new job. He's working so hard. We are so thankful for this job!! He was super cool and offered to give the baby a bottle so I can get out for a break tonight. I went to the gym and got a mini workout and dashed home to my boys. Theo came in for a kiss goodnight (as i was nursing Phoenix) and he found his little shadow on the wall. It was just so sweet and funny. He and Matt made puppets and funny sounds and waved. Matt and I were cracking up. Theo was enthralled by what he and his daddy were creating. it made me smile. my family makes me feel so peaceful, so blessed. yes, it is hard sometimes to accept a louder day than others, but in the end- its real and pure. love is what remains. always.


Here's a picture of Theo wanting to come to the gym with me tonight. He asked for his socks and shoes and when he didn't have them in hand, his resourceful self put on mommy's boots. so funny! one day, my shoes will be too small for him. i'm so glad they don't fit him right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment